Application and Admission
The application deadlines are as follows with admission time in September.
Non-degree programs: on-going all year around
Bachelor's degree programs: January 10 to June 20
Master's degree programs and Doctoral degree programs: January 10 to June 20
Chinese Language Proficiency Requirements
There is no language proficiency requirement for non-degree students.
The minimum HSK requirement for all degree program applicants is Level 4. Applicants can be admitted without a Level 4 certificate but are required to get one within one year of admission.
1) Application of Non-degree Program of China Academy of Art
2) Three 2" frontal passport photos
3) Application fee: 600 yuan RMB
Bachelor's degree programs
1) Application of Bachelor Degree Program of China Academy of Art
2) Photocopy of Passport
3) High School Graduate Applicants or those possessing equivalent academic accreditation must present testimony of their attainments
4) Applicant artworks (Consult documents addressing courses requirements)
5) Photocopy of valid HSK Level 4 Certificate (Excludes courses conducted in English)
6) 4 passport size 2.54 ×3.81cm photographs of the applicant, neutral background
7) Application fee: 600 yuan RMB for 1 category; each applicant can apply for at least 2 categories.
Master's and Doctoral Degree Programs
1) "Application of Master Degree Program of China Academy of Art" or "Application of Ph.D Degree Program of China Academy of Art". Please send the filled application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (attached personal photo into the form).
2) 3 copies of applicant's passport (photo page)
3) 4 passport size 2.54 ×3.81cm photographs of the applicant, neutral background
4) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). University students or applicants employed shall provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5) Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6) Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
7) Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
8) Applicants must submit a CD of the applicants’ profile and own art works (Applicants for plastic arts, inter-media art or public art must provide more than 3 creative works according with the aiming major. Applicants for design art, animation and architecture art must provide for a painting album of design works. Please note title and size for each work). Applicants for art history or art theory must submit a 2000 words paper. For detailed introduction of different majors, please visit this Chinese website: http://zb.caa.edu.cn/pages/message/message246.htm .
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the Report of Blood Examination including the HIV test must be attached.) Students should carry on the original copies of Foreigner Physical Examination Form as well as the Blood Examination while they come to China.. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
10) Photocopy of valid HSK certificate (students whose Chinese level cannot meet with the requirements of major studies must study Chinese language program at the International College of China Academy of Art for one year).
11) Application fee: 600 yuan RMB. Applicant Should provide for a Photocopy of bank receipt for transferring the application fee (application fee cannot be paid through on-line bank ).
Bank information of China Academy of Art:
Account Name: China Academy of Art
Account No.: 1202024409014432078
Name of Bank: The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Hubin Branch, Hangzhou
Address of China Academy of Art: 218 Nanshan Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, P. R. China
Remarks: Application fee of xxx (applicant's name)
12) Applicants of Chinese Government Scholarship should also register at “China Scholarship Council Application Online”http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp , then fill out and submit the application form to China Scholarship Council online. The institution code of China Academy of Art is 10355. Please also print the application form and submit it (in duplicate) together with the above application documents to China Academy of Art.
There is no entrance exam for non-degree students. Certificates of completion will be awarded upon completion of the programs.
All degree program applicants are required to supply a copy of their terminal degree certificate and submit the required application documents within the application deadline. Qualified applicants will be accepted as degree students.
The International College usually mails out admission letters to non-degree program applicants within one month of reception of application.
Degree program applicants will usually receive admission letters by July (with September being the beginning of the academic year).
Accepted students will receive a letter of admission with the Academy's official seal and a Form JW202, which are required for a student "X " visa from the Chinese embassies or consulates.
1) <Application of Non-degree Program of China Academy of Art>
2) Three 2" frontal passport photos
3) Application fee: 600 yuan RMB
International College Admission Instructions for Non-resident Students
All non-resident students from abroad can enroll in degree and non-degree programs at the International College and other department and colleges at the China Academy of Art. The following are definitions of student and program types:
According to residence and citizenship status, students are categorized as foreign students, overseas Chinese students and students from Hong Kong , Macao and Taiwan . Foreign students are students with foreign citizenships; Overseas Chinese students and students from Hong Kong , Macao and Taiwan are so defined by the Chinese government.
Programs offered by the China Academy of Art are categorized as degree programs, non-degree long-term programs, non-degree short-term programs and non-degree short-term Chinese cultural tours. All non-degree courses are also divided into basic and advanced courses.
The International College is responsible for the administration of academic and campus life of all non-resident students. The International College is also responsible for the application, campus life services and travel permits for overseas Chinese students and students from Hong Kong , Macao and Taiwan . Yet the admission and registration of these students are under the jurisdiction of the China Academy of Art and the individual college/department in which the students are enrolled.
The International College of China Academy of Art, Room 329, Building 9, 218 Nanshan Road, Hangzhou 310002, P.R. China
Welcome to the International College of China Academy of Art !
本网站里所有网页设计的版权属纽约"中华文化艺术网" eChinaArt.com, Inc. 所有，文章、艺术作品照片版权属艺术家或作者本人所有。任何未经版权所有人许可的转载, 出版或借用都将被追究法律责任。eChinaArt.com，Inc©